Have you ever ever puzzled how a lot you’d receives a commission in the event you have been working at a Large Tech agency like, say, Google?
Effectively, we took the guesswork out of it for you by analyzing some knowledge to find out simply how a lot totally different corporations pay their staff. And in lots of instances, it is quite a bit.
From engineers to execs, we have tons of salaries to share with you. Let’s get began.
This submit first appeared in 10 Issues in Tech, a publication by Insider that brings you all the newest tech information & scoops — delivered day by day to your inbox. Enroll right here. Obtain Insider’s app right here.
1. How a lot are Large Tech corporations paying expertise? By combing by way of knowledge, Insider received a way of how corporations like Google, Hulu, and Disney pay their staff. The info excludes inventory grants and different methods the businesses could compensate employees, however affords a beneficial information to salaries for a wide range of positions throughout companies.
At Google, the place salaries for engineers, builders, and different staff usually stretch into the six-digit vary, the highest-paid worker within the knowledge set was its chief folks officer, who’s paid a $1 million base wage. See how a lot Google pays its staff.
At Disney, the salaries Insider analyzed ranged from $99,288 to $180,000 per yr, and included jobs in its streaming tech, shopper merchandise, parks, studio, and different divisions. Get a take a look at Disney’s salaries right here.
Equally, Hulu has supplied between $93,150 and $242,000 per yr to some candidates. Positions we checked out included knowledge scientists, knowledge engineers, senior analysts, and extra — see how their salaries stack up.
Lastly, check out Insider’s Large Tech wage database to see how a lot Apple, Microsoft, Intel, Fb, and different corporations pay their employees.
In different information:
2. Meet the 26 most essential VCs in Miami. Over the previous two years, Miami’s tech-startup scene has heated up as traders flock to town. We requested enterprise capitalists and different distinguished tech figures to determine essentially the most esteemed startup backers within the space. Listed here are their picks for the VCs that each founder in Miami ought to know.
3. Some Uber drivers are nervous they’re getting used as “drug mules.” In keeping with NBC Information, some drivers are nervous they’re unknowingly delivering medication through Uber Join, the corporate’s courier service. Here is what the drivers mentioned.
4. Searching for a job at Netflix? It’s possible you’ll be in luck. As subscriptions fall off, Netflix is seeking to rent a slew of engineers and builders to bolster its year-old push into gaming. Prior to now month alone, the streamer has posted 33 jobs to assist construct out its cell video games enterprise. A take a look at what we all know to date.
5. An animal rights group is looking for the discharge of pictures of monkeys that died throughout experiments for Elon Musk’s Neuralink. The group claims UC Davis has pictures of experiments that have been carried out on the monkeys — together with chopping holes into their skulls to implant electrodes into their brains — in addition to pictures associated to the animals’ autopsies. Extra on that right here.
6. A nonprofit helps Ukrainian ladies in tech rebuild their lives and careers. Wtech, a nonprofit with a neighborhood of greater than 5,000 Ukrainian ladies, has been serving to feminine tech employees flee the nation, keep secure, and readjust to their new lives overseas. Contained in the nonprofit.
7. Apple is opening an workplace inside a decommissioned coal-fired energy station in London. In 2023, the corporate expects to maneuver greater than 1,000 staff into the enduring constructing, situated on the financial institution of the River Thames. Have a look inside the brand new workplace.
8. A leaked memo exhibits what Twitch’s president advised employees because the platform modified the best way it pays high creators. Twitch’s replace to its creator monetization phrases — which might lead to pay cuts for some streamers — ignited a firestorm on social media final week. Learn the president’s notice to staff right here.
Odds and ends:
9. ICYMI: NASA intentionally crashed a spacecraft into an asteroid. It was a part of a check to deflect harmful asteroids headed towards Earth sooner or later (although that is not a right away menace to civilization proper now). Watch the footage right here.
10. With iOS 16, you possibly can simply take away a picture from its background. For years, in the event you needed to take away the background of a photograph to isolate the topic, you wanted to meticulously edit the photograph in Photoshop. Now, you are able to do it with only a faucet in your iPhone. We clarify the best way to take away the background from a picture.
What we’re watching immediately:
Maintain up to date with the newest tech information all through your day by trying out The Refresh from Insider, a dynamic audio information transient from the Insider newsroom. Hear right here.
Learn the unique article on Enterprise Insider